What does it mean to be a Hero of Mental Health?
Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. Do you know someone who has made a positive impact on mental health in our community? CMHA Central is looking to honour those who make it their mission to promote good mental health and demonstrate our commitment to showing that life beyond mental illness is possible! If you know a person or organization that has made a difference, nominate them for a Heroes Award!
- Inspiring Individual: A person who has overcome the barriers of a mental health issue and uses their skills, talents, and personal experience to inspire others in their own journey of recovery.
- Friend/Family: A friend, family member, or caregiver who has walked along with someone recovering from a mental health issue, providing support, encouragement, and hope for recovery.
- Professional: A mental health, medical, or social service provider that has gone above and beyond to support good mental health in our community, either by providing exemplary care to those recovering from a mental health issue, or by engaging in community initiatives to support positive mental health.
- Youth Ambassador: A young person, aged 13 – 24, who has served as a role model for others living with mental health issues and is a leader in promoting positive mental health among youth in our community.
- Organization: An organization or business that has made a significant contribution to mental health in our community through promoting good mental health in the workplace, publicly ad- vancing the cause of mental health, or supporting initiatives that promote good mental health.Nomination deadline: May 4, 2018
Get your nominations in early! Each category will be capped at four nominees!
Join us on May 10th for our annual Heroes Awards Ceremony