CMHA Central Region seeking new members for the Board of Directors
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – Central Region is accepting applications from community members to serve on its Board of Directors for a minimum two-year term of service.
CMHA Central seeks to support the resilience and recovery of people living with mental health issues by offering services that support growth, self-determination, and empowerment. By offering an environment that is encouraging, compassionate, and non-judgmental, we assist individuals who wish to take positive steps toward personal recovery. We also seek to enhance the mental health of the community at large by advocating for improved access to mental health services, educating policy makers and community members, championing efforts to eliminate stigma, and working collaboratively with partners who share our cause.
We are seeking adults from across the southern health region of Manitoba to become actively involved in our Board of Directors. The role of the Board is to provide strategic direction, fiduciary oversight, and stewardship for the organization. The Board is interested in recruiting community members who:
- Support our mission and share our values of hope, inclusion, and empowerment
- Have personal or family experience with mental illness
- Are interested improving the quality and accessibility of mental health services
- Understand what their community needs to be mentally healthy
- Have professional experience in law, finance, education, health/social services, or public relations
- Are willing to volunteer 8-10 hours per month of their time to participate in regular meetings and committee work
Applications will be accepted until June 1st 2021. To apply, please submit a brief summary of experience and a short letter describing your interest in becoming a board member to:
CMHA Central Region Board of Directors
ATTN: Nominating Committee
102-1st NW Portage la Prairie MB.
E: email@example.com Ph: (204) 239-6590 F: (204) 857-2869