CMHA Central Presents:
2018 Face off for Mental Health Street Hockey Tournament
CMHA Central Region is proud to present our first annual Face off for Mental Health Street Hockey Tournament! This event offers the community of Portage la Prairie the chance to support the work of CMHA Central through their participation in the tournament and the funds raised through that participation. This is where you can find all the information you need to register and participate in the exciting event coming to Portage in September 2018!
- What is this all about?: The 2018 Face off for Mental Health Street Hockey Tournament is an event for anyone 10+ who enjoys street hockey. Participants can enter a team, combine their fundraising efforts to win prizes, compete to be the best team at the tournament, and participate in the skills competition and other side events on the day of the tournament. It will be a fun day that will also do a lot of good for the larger community!
- When?: September 15, 2018
- Where?: BDO Centre – Portage la Prairie
- Why?: To support the Mental Health services of CMHA Central and to have fun!
- Who Benefits?: Everyone in Portage la Prairie!
- How Much does it Cost?: Registration fees are for the whole team! There is an early bird rate in effect until August 17.
- Adult Fees: Before August 17 – $150. After August 17 – $180
- Youth Fees: Before August 17 – $100. After August 17 – $125
- Note: Individuals who wish to participate, but are without a team, may contact our office and request to be put on a “Substitute List” and will, if possible, be placed on a team that has an open spot. It is not guaranteed that you will be placed on a team, but if you are, a registration fee of $40 is required.
Register your Team:
- Online – Sign up your team using the form below. The main contact person completes the team registration form.
- In Person – Sign up your team by visiting the CMHA Central office at 236 Saskatchewan Ave. E. Portage la Prairie.
- Over the Phone – Call our office at 1-204-239-6590 and register your team
Once we receive your team registration, our office will send you a confirmation email with instructions for how to pay your registration fee. Please Note: Your team will NOT be marked down as registered until registration fee is received at our office.
Pay the Registration Fee
Registration fees are per team. Individual registrations can be processed through our office on a case by case basis. We ask that all registration fees be paid prior to September 15 in order to ensure adequate time is allowed for scheduling. To qualify for the early bird discount, we must receive your registration fee prior to August 17. There are several options for paying your registration fee:
- Pay in person by cash or cheque at the CMHA Central office.
- Mail a cheque to the CMHA Central office.
- Pay with credit card online through Eventbrite
Each participant needs to complete the following documents prior to the event:
All waivers and person information forms must be completed and signed prior to the event, and can dropped off at the CMHA Central office, emailed to email@example.com, or handed in during registration on the day of the tournament.
As a provincial leader and champion for mental health, CMHA Central delivers programs and facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness. To continue to do this work, we rely on the support of our community, and we hope that this event will help bring the community together to support mental health, both in our collective action, and financially.
As this is a fundraising event, each participant receives a sponsorship form to track their sponsorship. Each participant must raise $50.00 minimum in order to participate in the tournament.
The Sponsorship Form can be found here – sponsorship form
GOAL: Each team that successfully raises $1000.00 will receive a prize and special recognition by CMHA Central at the event and in media releases.
Thank you for considering supporting CMHA Central Region! We hope that you will enjoy the tournament! Good Luck!